More Than a Mom
in the news:
- Amy was interviewed for the article When Moms are Warriers in Jewish Woman Magazine Spring Issue 2010.
- Read Amy’s interview in Bloom (Bloorview Kids Rehab blog) called “Self-Care: It’s not a Frill” (March 18, 2010).
- Amy delivers Keynote “Caring for the Caregiver” at Coordinating Council for Children with Disabilities Symposium 2010 in El Paso Texas, March 2010.
- Amy launches Special Needs Parenting Blog (June 2009): Leave a comment for Amy at Todays Parent.com.
- More Magazine: In “Empty Nest Envy” Amy explores what happens to moms when their kids with special needs grow up (Nov. 2009 issue). Amy's article received an “Honourable Mention” in the National Magazine Awards.
- Amy was interviewed by OACRS (Ontario Association of Children's Rehabilitation Services) about making a strong family life in the Oct 2008 issue of their online newsletter.
- Today's Parent Magazine: Think
parenting a child with special needs enriches your life? So do we.
Read Amy's personal essay about mothering her daughter, Talia
in the May 2008 issue.
- Working Mother Magazine:
Finally, an article about the challenges moms of kids with special
needs face balancing work, family and self. Amy was interviewed as
an expert for this story. (May 2008 issue)
- The Parents Journal with Bobbi Conner: Looking
for some tips on coping with stress, getting support from friends
and family and taking care of yourself? Listen to Amy's interview
with Bobbi broadcast on
NPR May 19, 2008.
- Read an interview with Heather at
- Don't miss Heather's articles in the Summer and Fall 2007 Issues of
Exceptional Family Magazine: “Boosting your Energy
Reserves” (read intro paragraph) and “Preserving your Emotional, Social and Intellectual
2007 Independent Publishers Award - Bronze Medallion for
Mom's Choice Awards: Finalist, Adult Books/Non-Fiction
- Finalist in the
Best Books 2006 Awards
- Parenting/Family General Category
- Now in its second printing with our publisher,
- Amy's story, “Step by Step” is in the book, Chicken Soup
for the Soul: Children with Special Needs.
- Read Amy's essay “A Child Slips the Bonds of Earth” in
A Cup of Comfort For Parents of Children with Autism - Stories of
Hope and Everyday Success.