Common Skin Disorders (Courtesy of the American Academy of
(NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH!):
Scans (Visible Human Project, Fresh Cadaver)
- ...do you still want to smoke?
Rheumatoid Arthritis-Image of Hand
- A typical appearance of acute appendicitis
- Most rheumatoid arthritis does not advance as far as this picture
- Drug therapy is first line.
- Surgery is becoming much more sophisticated.
- Gout is excruciatingly painful.
- Treatment is with anti-inflammatory drugs and/or preventative
- Note: The preventative medications can TEMPORARILY worsen
- before it comes under control.
American Diabetes Association
Canadian Diabetes Association
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases Diabetes
- What the new Insulin dependent Diabetic should know.
DISEASES OF THE NERVOUS SYSTEM:
Canadian Alzheimer's Association
of Professional Burnout
BONES AND JOINTS:
The following references are derived from The Southern California Orthopedic
Institute. Their graphics and texts are excellent:
The Arthritis Foundation
Spinal Health Site
Patient's Guide to Low Back Pain
injury-American Paralysis Association
Total Hip Replacement
Crohn's Disease and
Ulcerative colitis Home Page
The Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Page: by Don Wiss
The Gluten-Free Page: (For
Gluten Enteropathy, an inherited form of malabsorption.)
Celiac (Children's Site)
The No Milk Page: (For milk
- How to Enhance Male Fertility
Infertility Chat Resources.
Infertility- What to
expect at an initial visit.
What is Multiple Sclerosis?
MS Society of Canada
- A wealth of references for M.S.
Multiple Sclerosis Resources and
- Webauthor is Jean Sumption.
Help on losing a pregnancy.
Inter-National Council on Infertility
Information Dissemination Page
A Glossary of
terminology on Fertility Issues
Fibromyalgia Association USA
Infections in Females
the Results of a Pap Smear May Mean
Hormone Replacement Therapy After Menopause
to Find Out if You Have PMS
Women's Health Hot Line Home Page
HEART AND BLOOD VESSEL DISEASE:
- How to Lower Cholesterol.
To Keep Your Blood Pressure Under Control
The Aneurysm Project
SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE:
Herpes: What It Is and What to Do About It
Return to Living
Wills Home Page
10th March 2000