I use reality-based simulations to help participants actually experience what it feels like to be unable to process classroom or workplace information and assignments. Participants feel the frustration and fear our students and workplace colleagues (or ourselves!) experience as well. People say it totally changes their perspective and understanding.
I also do organization and management consultation with individuals who own a business or struggle in professional or corporate management positions.
Corporate and organizational seminars focus on:
- time management and organization in the workplace
- communication skills in the workplace
- handling "workplace politics"
Recent seminar topics have included:
- Presentation of my current Handbook: Saving Your Child, Saving Yourself: Navigating Roadblocks in Managing ADHD, Asperger's and Learning Disabilities
- Brain Research and Learning Problems
- Academic Accommodations for Students with Special Learning Needs Without Jeopardizing Academic Integrity of Courses
- Revolutionizing Special Education: Compensatory vs. Remedial Strategies - How To Use (and not mis-use) Assistive Technology
- ADHD, Asperger's and Learning Problems - How Are They Connected?
- The Emotional Toll of ADHD, Asperger's and Special Learning Needs: Helping families Cope
- Time Management and Organization for adults
- Employment Equity and Workplace Accommodations for Adults with Special Learning Needs
- Relationship Issues Connected to LD, ADHD and Asperger's
Other topics or variations on the above can be arranged by consultation.
Some fees can be negotiable upon request as the occasional community service to groups or organizations with limited resources is an important part of my mandate, where possible.